Pages

Thursday 14 August 2014

Bees and Honeycombs

This time inspiration hit me whilst I was walking down the high street. I noticed that a shop had used honeycomb stickers in the corners of their shop window and the effect was really interesting and I just had to recreate something similar on my nails. 




I used Models Own - Banana Split for the base colour. It's such a cute pastel yellow colour I really love it. Then I painted the honeycomb pattern with lots of hexagons together with yellow acrylic paint. I filled in the hexagons with the same yellow acrylic paint mixed with white.  
For the bees I painted a white egg shape, then coloured that in with the yellow I used for the insides of the hexagons. Then I painted the bee's stripes with black acrylic, added their little antennae and outlined their bodies. Lastly I painted two white overlapping petal shapes on each side of the bee for their wings and then outlined them with black acrylic paint.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10