Pages

Saturday 2 August 2014

Cute Nautical Nails

Today I painted some cute nautical themed nails with thick stripes and nautical designs!

These are a bit of a nail fail. Firstly, I ran out of Seche Vite this morning so I had to scrape out the dregs and that caused all sorts of horrible bubbles and bumps. Secondly, the topcoat I ended up using caused even more bubbles. It was a disaster! And thirdly I think I should have chosen more contrasting colours.  I really liked this design too when I visualised it but I think it could have been carried out so much more neatly and better.

The base colour is ModelsOwn - Snow White and everything else is acrylic paint.

Amazon was supposed to deliver a bottle of Seche Vite topcoat yesterday morning but it didn't arrive, so I was very let down! I eventually got my parcel this afternoon and imagine my dismay when I opened it and it wasn't even what I ordered! Good Grief.
I instead received a bottle of China Glaze - Son of a Beach. Well, it really does look like such a gorgeous colour and I own no neons. I instantly fell in love! So I was a bit cheeky and asked someone at Amazon if I could keep the polish instead of returning it for my correct order... And they said I could! And they sent out another bottle of Seche Vite which should arrive monday! The moral of this story is "if you don't ask you don't get!" And Every cloud has a silver lining! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10