Pages

Thursday 7 August 2014

Gladiolus

These are gladiolus nails for #nailartaug which I spent a long time looking up images of gladiolus to inspire me. I think it worked out quite well but it was a complete experiment!
Lighting: sunlight



Lighting: shade
I originally painted these with stripey blue pointer and pinkie fingers but something was definitely missing. I felt like the flowers were just pasted on and didn't flow much. That's why I repainted those fingers pink and I feel the pink really ties the pink flowers with the rest of my nails. 
Lighting: shade

Lighting: sunlight





The pink idea struck me as I was about to repaint my nails, to be honest. I was about to start on some water melon nails with this pink polish when a light bulb lit up. It matches the pink I used for the flowers so well!

I used Rimmel - Cocktail Passion and Barry M - Huckleberry for the base colours and then acrylic paints for the flower design. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10