Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Ikat

These are ikat nails for #nailartaug. 
Lighting: sunlight


Lighting: Shade
I had no idea what 'ikat' was so I looked up some patterns on pinterest to inspire this design. It was a really quick design to paint and any mistakes become part of it's messy fabric pattern so I just dabbed on a lot of random messy brush strokes in this vaguely diamond pattern.


 I quite like how it came out and I think it is very cool for summer time.

I used Barry M Guava and Mango for the base colours. The lighter colours and the white is done with acrylic paint. I topped it off with a matte topcoat by Rimmel. 

(And WOW am I glad I brought a new bottle of Seche Vite, I didn't realise how thick and gloopy my old bottle had become! This new bottle applied so smooth and flawlessly!)

2 comments:

 
09 10